|Pages: 448||Width: 11.00 inches.|
|Publication Date: 8/2011||Height: 8.00 inches.|
| Edition|| |
Beginner's Ukrainian with Interactive Online Workbook is the most carefully-paced and modern Ukrainian guide published to date. Along with the book, students will have access to an interactive companion website with audio dialogues and self-correcting exercises that provide quality hands-on experience with the language.
Ideal for beginner's with little or no previous experience with Ukrainian, this volume helps students at home or in the classroom master basic Ukrainian. They'll master the language's complex grammar, and speak, read, and write with confidence.
Sample the book here: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
- Fifteen useful lessons, covering everyday situations such as introductions, family, shopping and travel
- Interactive website featuring audio dialogues and exercises recorded using native speakers
- Useful cultural and grammatical notes
- Appendices of critical information, including declension tables, noun endings, common Ukrainian names, numbers, verb conjugations, and more.
- Ideal for classroom use or self-study
About the author(s)
Yuri Shevchuk, a native of Ukraine, received his Ph.D. in Germanic Philology from Kyiv State University in 1987. He has taught Ukrainian at Harvard University Summer School since 1990 and at Columbia University since 2004. He also teaches courses in Soviet and post-Soviet film and directs the Ukrainian Film Club at Columbia University. He resides in New York City.