|Pages: 256||Width: 5.50 inches.|
|Publication Date: 8/2011||Height: 8.50 inches.|
| Edition|| |
Spoken by more than 80 million people across the world, Vietnamese has emerged as a prominent business language in Southeast Asia, America, and Europe. Perfect for beginners with little or no previous knowledge of the language, this guide introduces the essentials needed to speak, read, and understand Vietnamese with confidence.
- Thirteen practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, grammar, and exercises
- Audio CD accompaniments for each lesson
- Pronunciation exercises to help master Vietnamese tones
- Sections on Vietnamese culture and customs
- Vocabulary variants for both northern and southern Vietnamese dialects
- Ideal for both for self-study or classroom use
About the author(s)
Mynh Nghiem-Boventer graduated from University of Pedagogy of Saigon and has taught English and Vietnamese at the high school level in Vietnam. She has also worked as interpreter for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and Culture Orientation Instructor for Vietnamese immigrants to the U.S. under the Orderly Departure Program of the State Department, Bangkok, Thailand. She currently resides in New Rochelle, New York.