|Pages: 256||Width: 5.50 inches.|
|Publication Date: 5/2012||Height: 8.50 inches.|
| Edition|| |
Learn Albanian, spoken by 5.8 million people worldwide, and an official language of Albania and Kosovo. Under the Ottoman Empire, teaching Albanian was forbidden and its existence today speaks to the fierce preservation and pride of the Albanian people. Modern standard Albanian is a combination of the two main dialects, Tosk and Gheg.
Ideal for those new to Albanian, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner’s Albanian includes:
· A brief introduction to Albanian history and culture
· Thirteen carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and expressions
· Exercises for each lesson with answer key
· Albanian-English and English-Albanian glossaries
· Alphabet and pronunciation guide
· Two companion audio CDs spoken by native Albanian speakers
About the author(s)
Anila Mayhew was born and raised in Tirana, Albania. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English as a Second Language from the University of Tirana. She has taught Albanian to numerous students, and is also a professional translator and interpreter. She resides in eastern Washington state with her family.