|Pages: 256||Width: 5.50 inches.|
|Publication Date: 5/2012||Height: 8.50 inches.|
| Edition|| |
Farsi Persian is the official langauge of Iran and is spoken widely across the Middle East and Central Asia. Perfect for both independent and classroom learners with little or no previous knowledge of the language, this guide introduces all of the critical skills students need to speak, read, and write Persian with confidence.
- Ten essential lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, grammar, and exercises
- Audio CD accompaniments for each dialogue
- A guide to reading and writing the Persian script
- Persian-English and English-Persian glossaries
- Introduction to the history and development of the Persian language
- “How to use the book” section, including a sample lesson plan
About the author(s)
Mohammad Mehdi Khorrami teaches Persian Language and Literature at New York University. He is the author of Modern Reflections of Classical Traditions in Persian Fiction, and he has edited and translated a number of collections of contemporary Persian short stories, including Sohrab's Wars: Counter Discourses of Contemporary Persian Fiction. He lives in New York City.