Afrikaans-English / English-Afrikaans Practical Dictionary
by Jan Kromhout
Revised and expanded edition
- Over 25,000 entries
- Thoroughly updated
- Complete definitions
- New Words and expressions
- Comprehensive list of abbreviations and acronyms
Albanian-English / English-Albanian Dictionary and Phrasebook
by Ramazan John Hysa
This new addition to Hippocrene's successful Albanian library is the ideal reference tool for people who want to communicate in Albanian but have no previous knowledge of the language. This guide contains about 2,000 English words and their equivalents, and more than 1,500 useful phrases in Albanian.
Albanian-English / English-Albanian Standard Dictionary
by Ramazan Hysa
This bilingual dictionary focuses on Standard Albanian, which is accepted in both Albania and Kosovo. Universal pronunciation guides for both English and Albanian, as well as side-by-side pronunciation of English words, make instant communication simple and straightforward for both Albanian and English speakers alike.
Ancient Rome in So Many Words
by Christopher Francese
The word histories in this book use language as a window into the culture of ancient Rome. The hidden stories behind common Latin words illustrate interesting aspects of Roman life, while more rare terms shed light on noteworthy facets of this ancient culture.
Arabic Children's Illustrated Dictionary
by Hippocrene Books
Out of Print
This new series of dictionaries makes learning vocabulary in a foreign language at an early age easier and more enjoyable than ever!
- Designed to be a child’s very first foreign language dictionary for ages 5-10.
- 500 entries, each accompanied by a large illustration.
- The book design allows a young child to focus on each word and picture and make the connection between them.
- Each entry features the word in English and its foreign language equivalent, along with commonsense phonetic pronunciation.
- Entries include people, animals, colors, numbers and objects that children encounter and use every day.