Beginner’s Croatian with 2 Audio CDs
by Aida Vidan and Robert Niebuhr
Croatia is across the Adriatic Sea from Italy’s eastern coast, and has the unique position of being a Central European and Mediterranean country. It has a population of four-and-a-half million people, and the official language is Croatian, written in the Latin alphabet.
Croatian Children's Illustrated Dictionary
by Hippocrene Books
Out of Stock
The latest in the dictionary series that gives children a fun first taste of a foreign language.
- Designed to be the first foreign language dictionary for children ages 5-10
- 500 illustrated entries
- Allows a child to make the connection between a picture and the word.
- Entries consist of the word in English, its Croatian equivalent, and easy-to-use phonetic pronunciation
- The vocabulary included covers the people, animals, colors, numbers, and objects that children encounter every day
Croatian-English / English-Croatian Dictionary & Phrasebook
by Ante Susnjar
Useful for both native English and Croat speakers, this book provides the means for basic communication, as well as an introduction to Croatia's rich language and heritage.
Language and Travel Guide to Croatia
by Robert Niebuhr and Bernd Scherak
European tourists have long known the immense possibilities of vacationing in beautiful Croatia: cosmopolitan cities with limitless active pursuits, the pristine Dalmatian Coast with its spectacular islands, majestic medieval castles and Roman ruins, and exquisite cuisine. Hailed as the “new Riviera” by the New York Times, over 10 million tourists from all over the world visit Croatia each year.
Language and Travel Guide to Croatia is great for backpacking students, business travelers, and luxury vacationers alike. It includes:
- Detailed information on the culture and attractions of Zagreb, continental Croatia, the coast, and islands
- A language section covering basic vocabulary, helpful phrases, and pronunciation of Croatian
- A special section on dining, with details about restaurants and local specialties
- 8 pages of color photographs and maps