by Joseph F. Privitera, Ph.D.
Designed to meet the bilingual needs of the traveling businessperson, tourist, and student, Beginner’s Sicilian takes its reader first through the country’s rich history and culture, acquainting you with social customs, restaurant practices and transportation systems. Then, this easy to use guide teaches the basics of grammar structures, vocabulary, and useful phrases all within a short and simple text, putting everything the beginning traveler will need to start his appreciation of the Sicilian language and culture.
Children's Illustrated Italian Dictionary
by Editors of Hippocrene Books
This new series of dictionaries makes learning vocabulary in a foreign language at an early age easier and more enjoyable than ever!
- Designed to be a child’s very first foreign language dictionary for ages 5-10.
- 500 entries, each accompanied by a large illustration.
- The book design allows a young child to focus on each word and picture and make the connection between them.
- Each entry features the word in English and its foreign language equivalent, along with commonsense phonetic pronunciation.
- Entries include people, animals, colors, numbers and objects that children encounter and use every day.
by Dr. Joseph F. Privitera
This introductory guide to Italian teaches the basic structure of the language and presents vocabulary and common phrases in ten original lessons. Each lesson includes useful practice dialogues, vocabulary and expressions, grammar topics, and review exercises. Designed for the student, businessperson, or traveler, this text provides the means for immediate communication and a basis for further study.
Italian, Instant Vocabulary Builder
by Tom Means
"A very useful tool for students who want to augment their vocabulary skills."
-Professor Fiorenza Weinapple, Princeton University
"Excellent for anyone who wants to learn another language painlessly."
-Dr. James Garrison, President, State of the World Forum
Italian-English / English-Italian Dictionary & Phrasebook
by Frederica K. Clementi
Designed for those traveling in Italy, this concise language guide includes a two-way dictionary and phrasebook with useful topics such as greetings, travel and transportation, accommodations, food and drink, health, and more. Cultural information and a basic grammar complement the vocabulary and phrases.