- All Language Guides
- Scandinavian / Nordic
- Beginner's Norwegian with Online Audio
Beginner's Norwegian with Online Audio
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 25th, 2018
Norwegian (Bokmål) is a North Germanic language, and an official language of Norway with 5 million speakers. This popular guide is also a useful resource for students of the mutually intelligible Nordic languages Swedish and Danish.
Ideal for those new to Norwegian, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner's Norwegian with Online Audio includes:
- A brief introduction to Norwegian history and culture;
- Thirteen carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and expressions; exercises for each lesson with answer key
- Norwegian-English and English-Norwegian glossaries
- An alphabet and pronunciation guide, plus a pronunciation section on Norwegian dipthongs
- Online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers.
Previous version: Beginner's Norwegian with 2 Audio CDs: Second Edition (Hippocrene Books, 2012).
About the Author:
Laura Ziukaite-Hansen received her MA in Scandinavian Studies from the University of Wisconsin at Madison. She has taught Norwegian language and literature at UW-Madison and UC-Berkeley. She is the author of Norwegian Practical Dictionary, also published by Hippocrene Books. She resides in the Boston, Massachusetts metropolitan area.