Beginner's Korean with Online Audio
NEW RELEASE - NOW IN STOCK!
Korean is the native language of 67 million people living on the Korean peninsula, as well as the heritage language of 5.6 million Koreans living elsewhere around the world.
This introduction to the Korean language is designed to provide mastery of conversational basics and grammar structure to beginner students. Ideal for both classroom use and self-study, the lessons combine dialogues with practical vocabulary and clear explanations of Korean grammar. Frequent side bars feature important cultural information and helpful tips for travelers. The book also includes a guide to the hangul writing system.
Ideal for those both those new to Korean and heritage speakers, Beginner's Korean with Online Audio includes:
- 12 carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and easy-to-follow grammatical explanations
- Exercises for each lesson with answer key
- Korean-English and English-Korean glossaries
- An alphabet and pronunciation guide
- Online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers
Jeyseon Lee has been Supervisor of Korean Language Courses at the University of California at San Diego for ten years. She earned her Ph.D. in Korean Linguistics from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa.
Kangjin Lee holds a Ph.D. from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and and teaches at the College of Business in Jeonju, South Korea.
Together they have written Korean Standard Dictionary and Pocket Guide to Korean (Han-Geul) Script, also by Hippocrene Books.