Pashto-English/English-Pashto Dictionary & Phrasebook
The essential Pashto language resource!
Pashto, also known as Pakhto, Pakhtu, or Pushto, is one of two official languages of Afghanistan (along with Dari) and is also spoken in the neighboring Northwest Frontier Province of Pakistan. It is an Indo-Iranian language spoken by over 40 million people worldwide. Pashto is written in the Arabic Naskh script, but entries in this dictionary are Romanized with phonetic pronunciation for English speakers.
This unique, two-part resource provides people working with Afghans immigrants with the tools they need for daily interaction. The bilingual dictionary has a concise vocabulary for everyday use, and the phrasebook allows instant communication on a variety of topics.
Ideal for businesspeople, travelers, students, and aid workers, this guide includes:
- 5,000 (Romanized) dictionary entries
- Essential phrases on subjects such as healthcare, time, dates, transportation, money, communication services and much more
- Practical cultural information
- Concise grammar and pronunciation sections
- A guide to the Pashto alphabet