- International Cookbooks
- Latin American Cookbooks
- Secrets of Colombian Cooking: Expanded Edition
Secrets of Colombian Cooking: Expanded Edition
“. . . fills a void for the delightful, little-known and vibrant cuisine of this South American nation. You will be thrilled by the ethnic diversity and originality of the dishes passionately and thoroughly gathered by native chef Patricia McCausland-Gallo.” ―Jacques Pépin
From the coffee and cacao grown high in the Andes Mountains, to the tropical fruits of the Caribbean and Amazonian regions, the great cattle farms on the plains, and bountiful seafood from the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea, Colombia is a country of varied and exotic culinary offerings.
Now updated with a new chapter on lighter Colombian fare, this bestselling Hippocrene cookbook shares even more secrets from this beloved cuisine. With a 16-page color insert, glossary of Colombian foods and ingredients, an introduction to Colombia’s cuisine and regions, and of course, over 200 easy-to-follow recipes, this cookbook brings the vibrant culinary tradition of Colombia alive!
- Ajiaco bogotano (Chicken and Potato Soup)
- Crema de Zapallo o Ahuyama (Cream of Pumpkin Soup)
- Buñuelos de Maíz (Corn Fritters)
- Pernil de Cerdo (Fresh Leg of Pork)
- Carne Desmechada (Stripped Beef)
- Cocktail de Calamares (Squid Cocktail)
- Pescado Frito (Whole Fried Fish)
- Bolas de Tamarindo (Tamarind Balls)
About the Author:
Patricia McCausland-Gallo is a nutritionist, pastry chef, and teacher born in the Colombian Caribbean town of Barranquilla.