Beginner's Brazilian Portuguese with Online Audio
Brazilian Portuguese is the fifth most widely spoken language in the world, written and spoken by over 200 million inhabitants of Brazil as well as by several million Brazilian emigrants in other parts of the world, including over one million Brazilian Americans.
Ideal for those new to Brazilian Portuguese, learning at home or in the classroom, this guide includes:
- an introduction to Brazil
- 7 carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and phrases
- review exercises with answer key
- Brazilian Portuguese-English and English-Brazilian Portuguese glossaries
- online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers
Denise Santos is a language teaching consultant and materials writer with broad teaching experience in Portuguese and applied linguistics in Brazil and the U.K. She received and M.A. from University of Oklahoma and a Ph.D. from University of Reading (U.K.) and has authored and co-authored several foreign language textbooks. She currently lives in Reading, U.K. and can be found at DeniseSantos.com .
Gláucia Silva is professor of Portuguese language and linguistics at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Iowa. She is author of Word Order in Brazilian Portuguese and has authored and co-authored several articles about Portuguese. A native of Rio de Janeiro, she currently lives in Rhode Island.