Beginner's Danish with Online Audio
Learn Danish with this complete course, now with free audio download!
Danish is a North Germanic language spoken by 6 million people worldwide, primarily in Denmark, Greenland, the Faroe Islands and northern parts of Germany.
Ideal for those new to Danish, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner’s Danish with Online Audio includes:
- An introductory section on geography, economy, arts, culture and history entitled “Denmark and the Danes” that will be useful to visitors
- Thirteen carefully-paced units, each one opening with a dialogue about an everyday topic such as greetings, family, athletics, dining, medical issues, holidays and celebrations, followed by vocabulary, grammar lessons, and exercises
- Answer key to the exercises
- Danish-English and English-Danish glossaries
- Online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers
Nete Schmidt received her degrees in English and Danish from the University of Copenhagen and taught at Bjerringbro Junior College and the University of Aarhus for many years. She came to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1998, and following eight years as Visiting Assistant Professor, she became a Faculty Associate in the Scandinavian Studies Unit in the Department of German, Nordic, and Slavic (GNS). She has been teaching Danish and Scandinavian Literature courses such as The Tales of Hans Christian Andersen, Criminal utopias, and Sexual Politics in Scandinavia.