- Practical Dictionaries
- Arabic-English/English-Arabic Practical Dictionary, Second Edition
Arabic-English/English-Arabic Practical Dictionary, Second Edition
This essential, portable Arabic-English resource is now updated & revised with new entries and terms!
This Arabic Practical dictionary has been the go-to resource for students of Arabic and English alike for nearly two decades. It features the most up-to-date vocabulary in handy reference form
With more than 20,000 entries, it is especially useful in navigating the ever-expanding global terminology of politics, telecommunications, technology, the internet, social media, tourism, business and travel.
Ideal for students, scholars, businesspeople, journalists, aid workers, and anyone working in both English-speaking and Arabic-speaking countries.
- More than 20,000 total entries
- Clear language, pronunciation, and grammar for both sides
- Easy-to-read format and practical arrangement of Arabic and English entries
- Arabic provided with Romanized transliterations
- English provided with phonetic transliterations
Nicholas Awde was raised in Nigeria, the Sudan, Kenya and the U.K. He studied Arabic and Hausa at London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) and has written or edited numerous books on non-European languages and cultures, including Swahili-English/English-Swahili Practical Dictionary and Georgian-English/English-Georgian Dictionary & Phrasebook, among many others published by Hippocrene Books. Awde divides his time between London, England and Brussels, Belgium.