Beginner's Swedish with Online Audio
Learn Swedish with this complete course, now with free audio download!
Swedish is a North Germanic language spoken by 10 million people worldwide, primarily in Sweden and parts of Finland. It is also mostly mutually intelligible with Norwegian and Danish.
Ideal for those new to Swedish, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner’s Swedish with Online Audio includes:
- Ten carefully-paced units, each one opening with a dialogue about an everyday topic such as greetings, dining, or tourist-related topics, followed by vocabulary, grammar lessons, and exercises
- Answer key to the exercises
- Swedish-English and English-Swedish glossaries
- Sections on cultural information such as Geography, History, Politics, Social Welfare, Business, Arts, Holidays, Education and Everyday Life that will be useful to students and travelers
- An etymology section in each unit that compares Swedish and English words to encourage students to make vocabulary connections
- Online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers
Scott A. Mellor is a lecturer in Swedish and Scandinavian history, literature and linguistics at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, where he received his Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. He has taught courses in the Swedish language for over twenty years. He resides in Madison, Wisconsin.