Vietnamese-English/English-Vietnamese Practical Dictionary
Spoken by more than 80 million people across the world, Vietnamese is rapidly becoming a prominent business language in Southeast Asia, America, and Europe. Designed to facilitate translation and understanding for speakers of either Vietnamese or English, this dictionary is an ideal reference for businesspeople, NGO workers, students, and adventurous travelers who want to delve deeper into one of Asia’s oldest cultures.
- approximately 15,000 entries
- entries covering both northern and southern dialects
- a unique food index, for deeper exploration of Vietnam’s rich cuisine
- a brief introduction to Vietnamese tones, grammar, and the writing system
- essential vocabulary covering Vietnamese culture, politics, history, geography, and technology
Bac Hoai Tran teaches Vietnamese at the University of California at Berkeley. Courtney Norris is a translator who has lived and worked in Vietnam. Both reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and previously collaborated on Vietnamese Dictionary & Phrasebook, also published by Hippocrene Books.